Saturday 19 February 2011

New location, new habits?

I have this idea that while I'm away from my usual life I can also renovate myself. In a new country don't we become new people? Sort of?  A bit? I'd like to think I could embark on a self-improvement program over the next few months. On my own and away from the scrutiny of my lover and friends. I also know that this is a foolish fantasy....I will not be able to abstain from all of my bad habits. I'm not going to give up smoking, especially in a country where people can smoke anywhere. And the ready availability of cheap red wine will not encourage me to cut back on my consumption. Oh well.

But here's what I can do. Perhaps.

Yoga (I downloaded an app for the iPad and can pack my mat).

Power walking (V. assures me that lots of people do it, so I won't look like a freak. I can pack my running shoes and a pair of yoga pants can do double duty),

Dye my own hair (Nice 'n Easy already bought!).

Take better care of my skin (I'm thinking that Zagreb must be full of salons where a person could get an inexpensive facial).

Watch less TV (that's pretty much a given since I might  not even have a TV and I certainly won't be able to follow Croatian language programming).

Lose weight (even 10 pounds would be good).

Write more (this blog is a start!).

Get out more (wifi in cafes will likely be a necessity).

Skype more (why has it taken me this long to understand how wonderful skype is????)

Does writing this down mean that I am now somehow more accountable?  Check back and check up on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment