Monday 28 February 2011

Turisticka Fotos II

More trivia.

As in France, Croats do not pick up dog shit. And there are dogs everywhere, little dogs wearing silly coats. 

When that north wind blows down from the Zagreb mountain it is frigid! Blessed V. lent me her white down puffy coat, so I'm snuggly warm. Thank you V.

Kiosks are everywhere and sell all sorts of useful things: batteries, mobile phones and phone cards, magazines and newspapers, drinks, cigarettes, entrance tickets to various things. Why don’t we have kiosks?

Maroni! Hot roasted chestnuts bought on the street. Yum!
  
The plumbing is good. Toilets, even in bars and cafes, are clean and supplied with decent toilet paper. The flushers work. There are seats. There is soap and hot water. No one asks for money from me if I have to pee. Take note many EU countries I could mention!

Catholic country = lots of people in St. Stephen’s cathedral on their knees at any time of day. The cathedral is being cleaned (apparently the cleaning began in 1989). 

Fallen angels


Main entrance detail



These last two photos are for Clem: an exhibition of medieval torture instruments at the Archeological Museum

 and young guys spinning in a shopping area underneath the train station.






1 comment:

  1. Tell Clem I went to the Torture Museum in Carcassone. It was creeeeeepy, not least because of the poorly-kempt mannequins, and such ...

    I love that I can see you in that photo of the poster. Remember when they took the kiosk OUT of the mall? Now there's nothing? I loved that kiosk ... sigh.

    ReplyDelete