Monday 7 March 2011

University libraries

I never feel more at home than I do when I am in a library. The Arts Faculty library at the University of Zagreb is a lovely building. All of the work spaces face a building-long window. Most of the lighting is natural. The desks and chairs are blond wood. At each work space there are plugs, individual lamps, and ethernet ports (unnecessary since the building is wifi). It is calm and comfortable.

The collection of Canadian literature books is modest, but well selected. Most of the books are relevant. I am using some of them right now to write a lecture.

I am happy here. Almost at home.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post: the space does sound very nice, very comforting. And I'm glad to know that the CanLit section is well-selected if not fantastically well-stocked.

    Can I tell you? I can't remember the last time I was in the stacks of any library other than the children's section at the public library. Holy Hannah!

    ReplyDelete